Source: PIAM, 24 April 2019
Persatuan Insurans Am Malaysia (PIAM) has re-elected Mr Antony Lee, CEO of AIG Malaysia Insurance Bhd, as its Chairman for a two-year term at its 41st Annual General Meeting held on 24 April 2019.
Mr Antony Lee said, “It is a challenging time for the general insurance industry. The digitalisation and the internet of things (IoT) are already changing the way businesses are being conducted with significant impact on the industry landscape.
We eagerly anticipate further liberalisation of the motor insurance market which will allow for motor insurance premiums to be priced more fairly in line with individual driver’s risk profile.”
Mr Ng Kok Kheng, CEO of Great Eastern General Insurance (Malaysia) Berhad has been elected Deputy Chairman. Seven CEOs of member companies of PIAM have been elected on the Management Committee for 2019/2020, namely:-
- Mr Eric Chang, (AIA General Berhad)
- Mr Steve Crouch, (Chubb Insurance Malaysia Bhd)
- Ms Defne Turkes, (Liberty Insurance Berhad)
- Mr K.G. Krishnamoorthy Rao, (MPI Generali Insurans Berhad)
- Mr Kong Shu Yin, (RHB Insurance Berhad)
- Mr Chris Kurinsky, (QBE Insurance (M) Berhad)
- Mr David Fike, (Zurich General Insurance Malaysia Bhd)