MII’s “LET’S READ” Campaign
This campaign is a CSR initiative to cultivate and promote the habit of reading amongst young children and teens. The campaign was initiated by a few internal departments of MII which were Membership, Corporate Communications and MII Wasp Team 2018/2019 with the idea to help the less fortunate children to improve quality and variety of reading materials, as well as to boost the reading habit amongst children and young adults for a good cause.
The donated books were distributed to various children’s facility/centres around Klang Valley, including special needs centres and hospitals. The target was to collect at least 600 books for distribution. The campaign ran from 25 October 2018 to 30 November 2018.
The campaign was open to all major insurance companies and insurance associations in Malaysia. We received tremendous support from participating member companies which were mainly from:
• Great Eastern General Insurance Berhad
• AXA Affin General Insurance Berhad
• Manulife Insurance Berhad
• Tokio Marine Life Insurance Berhad
• Allianz Malaysia Berhad
• Sun Life Malaysia Berhad
• Gibraltar BSN
• Malaysia Life Reinsurance Group Berhad
• AIA Malaysia Berhad
• Persatuan Insurans AM Malaysia (PIAM)
• Life Insurance Associations of Malaysia (LIAM)
Delivery Rounds to Charitable Centres / Special Need Homes
- Hatching Centre Special Needs School – 245 Books
- Perpustakaan Puspanita Hospital Kuala Lumpur – 245 Books
- Children Homes of Hope National Cancer Society of Malaysia – 186 Books
Following to the first round of book contribution and delivery, the committee has gathered a collection of more than 1000 books, surpassing the original target of 600 books. After sorting, 676 good-conditioned books were donated to the Children Homes of Hope (National Cancer Society), Hatching Centre School for Special Needs Children and Hospital Kuala Lumpur. The working committee of the MII Let’s Read Campaign would like to thank all of the parties involved in the participation and in making sure this campaign succeed as per planned.
Careers in Insurance – Visit from Politeknik Kota Bharu, Kelantan
On 13th February 2019, we have successfully conducted a sharing session with more than 40 Students of Diploma Insurance students from Politeknik Kota Bharu, Kelantan. The session was held at MII City Centre, Wisma FGV and led by a few Management Teams of MII in sharing thoughts and positive insights about what the Industry has to offer to them.
The session was led by two personnel of the Management Teams, Puan Wahida Shariff as the Chief Academic Officer and Encik Hasri Hamidan, Senior Vice President of Product & Course Development. It kick started with Puan Wahida Shariff’s presentation by sharing an overview of The Malaysian Insurance Institute’s journey as well as educating the students what courses MII offers that could become an option to continue their studies in Insurance education. ‘Careers in Insurance’ topic that was presented by Encik Hasri was the highlight of the session for the students. This has given the students a clearer picture to know more about job offerings and the diversification of the industry. To conclude the visit, we had Puan Ily Aliah Ismail from the Knowledge Management Unit of MII sharing a general overview of MII Knowledge Management Library services and also a tour before the end of the session. Here are some information of the library services offered by MII;
About Knowledge Management of MII
• MII Knowledge Management Unit has made substantial progress in many aspects to support MII’s vision to be the renowned professional body and institution for education in insurance, financial and risk management. With the rapid pace of information and communication technology in the current world, there are greater expectations and demands in the delivery of library and information services. These are the challenges and MII Knowledge Management must be prepared to excel beyond the boundaries.
• With the support from the Capacity Building Fund, we have increased our reference materials in both printed and electronic. We have more than 7,000 physical collection of library references and more than 1000 digital documents resided in MII Digital Library. On behalf of MII, we would like to thank you for the warm visit, and we wish all the students to dream big, never give up, and always strive for success with Insurance education!