This campaign is a CSR initiative to cultivate and promote the habit of reading amongst young children and teens. The campaign was initiated by a few internal departments of MII which were Membership, Corporate Communications and MII Wasp Team 2018/2019 with the idea to help the less fortunate children to improve quality and variety of reading materials, as well as to boost the reading habit amongst children and young adults for a good cause.
The donated books were distributed to various children’s facility/centres around Klang Valley, including special needs centres and hospitals. The target was to collect at least 600 books for distribution. The campaign ran from 25 October 2018 to 30 November 2018. The campaign was open to all major insurance companies and insurance associations in Malaysia.
We received tremendous support from participating member companies which were mainly from:
- Great Eastern General Insurance Berhad
- AXA Affin General Insurance Berhad
- Manulife Insurance Berhad
- Tokio Marine Life Insurance Berhad • Allianz Malaysia Berhad
- Sun Life Malaysia Berhad • Gibraltar BSN • Malaysia Life Reinsurance Group Berhad
- AIA Malaysia Berhad
- Persatuan Insurans AM Malaysia (PIAM)
- Life Insurance Associations of Malaysia (LIAM)
Delivery Rounds to Charitable Centres / Special Need Homes
- Hatching Centre Special Needs School – 245 Books
- Perpustakaan Puspanita Hospital Kuala Lumpur – 245 Books
- Children Homes of Hope National Cancer Society of Malaysia – 186 Books
Following to the first round of book contribution and delivery, the committee has gathered a collection of more than 1000 books, surpassing the original target of 600 books. After sorting, 676 good-conditioned books were donated to the Children Homes of Hope (National Cancer Society), Hatching Centre School for Special Needs Children and Hospital Kuala Lumpur.
The working committee of the MII Let’s Read Campaign would like to thank all of the parties involved in the participation and in making sure this campaign succeed as per planned.