The Human Resources (HR) Communities of Practice (CoP) Virtual Roundtable Discussion was held with great success on 25 February 2021. This event saw HR professionals from across the industry coming together to collaborate, connect and discuss on the most pertinent issues and trends in HR. The HR CoP helps professional development and is a platform for information and knowledge exchange.
Some of the topics discussed include the future of the workforce; skills for the future; the open talent economy; L&D strategy in turbulent times, and latest HR trends and insights.
Leading the discussion were experienced speakers in the area of human capital development. These included Sharala Axryd, Founder and CEO of The Center of Applied Data Science (CADS); Jacqui Barratt, Founder and CEO of Salt APAC; and RoshanThiran, Founder and CEO of Leaderonomics; Tracy Tan, Regional Talent & Learning Solutions Consultant, LinkedIn; Hugh Terry, Founder of The Digital Insurer (TDI); Ben Race, Senior Client Partner for Asia Pacific – Wilbury Stratton; and Jaya Kohli, MII Academic Review Project Consultant. They shared their views and insights on what the HR community should be looking at in their HR initiatives and strategies to nurture talents across organizations.
The goals of the Human Resources (HR) Community of Practice (CoP) are to:
- Provide a shared context and platform for HR professionals to communicate and share information, stories, and personal experiences in a way that builds understanding and insight
- Enable dialogue between HR professionals to explore new possibilities, solve challenging problems, and create new, mutually beneficial opportunities
- Stimulate learning by serving as a vehicle for authentic communication, mentoring, coaching, and self-reflection to harness the collective intelligence of the HR community
- Capture and diffuse existing knowledge to help the community improve their practice by providing a forum to identify solutions to common problems and a process to collect and evaluate best practices
- Introduce collaborative processes to groups and organizations as well as between organizations to encourage the free flow of ideas and exchange of information
- Generate new knowledge to help HR professionals transform their practice to accommodate changes in needs and technologies.
For inquiries on future HR CoP events conducted by The Malaysian Insurance Institute (MII), email us at [email protected].